The Councils Section is very old Section of the Registrar's Office and functioning smoothly under the supervision of the successive Assistant Registrar/ Deputy Registrar entrusted with the responsibility so far. Main work of the Councils Section is to deal with all matters related to the Executive Council, Academic Council and University Court. Besides the Section is dealing with the following work also:-
· Maintenance of Agenda and Minutes of the meetings of the Executive Council/Academic Council/University Court.
· Reply of Parliamentary Starred/Unstarred Questions.
· Disposal of RTI applications/appeals.
· Work related to appointment of Election Officers of various categories of E.C., A.C., Court
and Students Union.
· Providing Assistance in the various elections to Chief Election Officers.
· Adoption of Government of India letters issued from time to time.
· Work related to bifurcation of Departments.
· Updation of the Act, Statute, Ordinances and Leave Regulations.
· The Section also performs any other work assigned by the higher officers from time to time.