Office of the Registrar
Selection Committee (Teaching) Section
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
The Selection Committee (Teaching) Section of the Registrar's Office is a very important section. The office deals with the work of holding General Selection Committees for recruitment of Teachers. Besides the Screening Committees are also convened by this Section where the promotions of University Teachers are involved under the Career Advancement Scheme. To achieve the goal of the following steps are taken:
1. Proposal for advertisement received from different Departments/Colleges/ Centres are processed for obtaining approval of the Vice-Chancellor in order to advertise these posts.
2. Applications Forms received in response to the advertisements are scrutinized and a statement is prepared post-wise indicating the particulars of the candidates.
3. Application Forms along with statement are sent to the concerned Dean of the Faculty in order to determine the eligibility in the light of advertised qualifications.
4. The recommendation of the Scrutiny Committee with regard to the eligibility are submitted for approval of the Vice-Chancellor. After approval of the Vice-Chancellor further steps are taken.
5. Interview Letters are issued to the eligible candidates for appearing in the General Selection Committee on the date fixed by the Vice-Chancellor.
6. The Experts and Visitor's Nominees are also contacted to give his consent to take the Interview of the candidates on the date fixed by the Vice-Chancellor.
7. Apart from above, the permission for holding Local Selection Committees against short term vacancies of less than one year are also processed by this Office. Recommendations of the LSC received from the Dean of the Faculty concerned are put up before the Vice-Chancellor for his approval.
8. All other matters relating the Selection Committees like representation/writ petition/RTI applications and correspondence with the Ministry and other dignitaries are also processed by the Sections.